use of a workshop with a ramp

didn't really know where to post this....

For anyone who is near to fareham hants (PO14), I run a car club which is a large workshop and is under used massively.

I figured whilst it is still cold/wet but equally applicable through the nice weather too, If anyone has a job which needs either cover

or you need a ramp or a bay, there are usually 2-3 spare bays here.

I guess the work would have to be done in a day or certainly by the end of the sunday, but if anyone wants to use it for not alot of money

then drop me a line on here. I am not touting for business, but it would benefit the members near me, make a bit of money for the club and I would donate money to the forum too. depending on how this goes, this would be an on going thing.

this thread will either get really busy or it wont, but i thought i would post it anyway. It is on a naval base, but getting you in it would not be difficult.

Richard

That's an offer and facility I find interesting, although obviously too far away to be useful to me.

I appreciate you aren't running in on a totally commercial basis, but there used to be a DIY garage in Nottingham many years back which had a long pit, as well as work bays, which I used a couple of times.

While that could seem expensive, especially if the job didn't go as planned, it did lead me to think that a club venture could work.

It never got further than an idea, but the one concern I did have was what would happen if someone took on a job they couldn't complete, and tied up a bay for longer than anticipated, or even 'abandoned' a vehicle in a non-running state. There was likely to be no income, and a workspace tied up.

Someone would have to invest time and effort in making the vehicle mobile enough to shift into an 'outside' space, and I could see friction occurring in a club facility.

In a commercial facility things would be more strict, it would be a straight business facility, and there would be no 'club-mate' social aspect to complicate matters.

Anyway, I wish you luck, and hope people locally appreciate the facility you are offering.

I agree,

but stuff like fluid changes on a ramp would be a doddle. I mean, an engine swap over a weekend is totally do-able, as is say swapping an axle or just breaks.

of course some things woould be a no no, we do have a 180 amp mig, but i am not sure that i would let a land rover welding job in as it could go on for weeks.

now, if the car was mot'd and was never made in an undrivable state, it could be done over a weekend and then restarted the following weekend. to be honest, every week day between 0730 and 1730 is an option too as it is not used during the daytime... just testing the water before the forum to see where the land lies.

richard

Richard

Lots of LR/RR owners round here may well want to use your facility - me included :i-m_so_happy:

I would also approach the main local LR clubs - HBLRO, Solent LRC, Shire LRC and see if they can put an ad in their newsletters...

I might be in touch soon for an oil change..

Rob

didn't really know where to post this....

For anyone who is near to fareham hants (PO14), I run a car club which is a large workshop and is under used massively.

I figured whilst it is still cold/wet but equally applicable through the nice weather too, If anyone has a job which needs either cover

or you need a ramp or a bay, there are usually 2-3 spare bays here.

I guess the work would have to be done in a day or certainly by the end of the sunday, but if anyone wants to use it for not alot of money

then drop me a line on here. I am not touting for business, but it would benefit the members near me, make a bit of money for the club and I would donate money to the forum too. depending on how this goes, this would be an on going thing.

this thread will either get really busy or it wont, but i thought i would post it anyway. It is on a naval base, but getting you in it would not be difficult.

Richard

Many thanks for putting the offer out there Richard.

I live in Fareham, so, if I need to, I know where to ask.

Regards,

Diff

Richard

Perhaps you can PM those of us interested with your mobile / email......?

Is there an option for evening work i.e. 1700 to 1930?

Clubs = Hampshire and Berkshire Land Rover Owners Club, Solent and District LRC, Shire LR Club, Wessex Hillrunners.

Rob

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I used to be the treasurer for the same car club.

It used to be rammed full every evening, I once replaced a series rear quarter chassis in there.

Welding used to be a problem, as I recall as the navy has strict rules for hot work.

Great facility, I guess matelots are paid enough that they do

nt have to fix their own cars anymore...