Heater For Siii ???

RPR

As I do not understand the current politics of the fora, I am double posting - one here and one on the forum formerly known as LRE and currently without name. My query has nothing to do with current or fomer owners, current or former moderators, any magazine, or the price of tea in china.....

My 1978 88" was built for export to the Middle East and is not equiped with a heater or even the side air intake for one. What's the best/cheapest route to get some form of heater in there for this winter? I've seen Eberspacher's but they are far too expensive, and the 12v electric ones that I have seen are dubious yto say the least. Need your help.

Hi Richard,

One very easy option would be to fit a "flat" type one as fitted to later series 2a's, it fits on the bulk head in front of the gear lever, very easy to plumb in and wire.

I doubt any standard series heater will be able to heat the cockles of the heart, perhaps the toes :)

I do have a series 2a flat type in good condition, if your interested we could arrange something (and perhaps start our own transatlantic LR shipping service!)

yer, live into one side of the motor , 2 wires out from other side, 1 in series with the resistor one isn't. These then go to the switch which earths one or other of the wires, giving either full or slow speed.

Tonk - which matrix and fans did u use for your under seat jobby??

Tonk,

Thanks for the pictures. Have you run the hoses from behind the bulkhead up to the center section of the seatbox where you have trhe fabbed stainless grille, or am I not getting it right?