Beeping Td5

simonr

Literally, it's making a beeping noise!

This has me a bit stumped and I cannot find any reference to previous occurrences of it on line.

When the engine is running, what I presume is the alarm sounder, makes a brief 'blip' sound once per second!

I've plugged in the computer and there are no reported faults that look relevant - though there are the usual mass of random ones which go away after you clear them.

The alarm is set to use the horn rather than the sounder - but if you set it to use the sounder, it still uses the horn! I had assumed it didn't have a sounder fitted - until this week!

Is it trying to tell me something? Perhaps that it wants me to disconnect the sounder?

Have any of you come across this? What's the (technical) solution?

I've posted it in International as it could equally apply to Discos as Defenders, as this is. It's an 03 Plate 110 Doublecab.

Si

Everything looks fine! If it were voltage related, you would expect it to stop with the engine running as the alternator is charging. Turn the engine off then turn key back to same position - and not a sound! Start engine, it thinks about it for a few seconds then starts beeping.

Si

I don't know anything about Td5 alarms but do they have a separate internal battery? Just wondering whether it's something like the battery isn't holding its charge and trying to warn you, would make sense not to beep it when the engine isn't running as that would deplete a potentially dodgy battery.

I seeing something about our Shogun's alarm that would warn the driver when the battery was causing issues.

Hopefully you have some luck in tracking it down. Shame this weeks' so busy otherwise I'd pop over and give you a hand.

Quite funny that my work is now designing complex electronic circuits and I don't have any on my 110 :huh:

Si, I had something similar after my wiring loom epic. The sounder kept chirping. At first I just thought I'd disconnect it and ignore it. I tried changing to horn only and it continued. Eventually I removed it and disconnected it, then dosed it with contact cleaner on both parts and then brake cleaner, then WD40. It has now stopped chirping and the alarm is set to horn and sounder again.

Hope this is something similar.

Paul

10AS boxes can be a real pain in the behind :angry2: The roof sensors can give a bit of bother when they get damp. Have you any indicator flashing sequences to go with the beeps? The wiring where it goes into the doors and under the regulator panel for the central locking can rub through as well.

I ended up just disconnecting the sounder!

The alarm seems to work just as well as it ever did!

Si

I'm disappointed. I would have thought you'd have investigated harder or created some wacky device to muffle it.

One day I'll fix it properly! Promise!

Unfortunately in the weeks building up to the summer shows, I have so little time I was grateful it only took a couple of mins.

I don't like leaving things like this hanging - but it will have to hang until October!

Si