Slotted UJ's

Hi All, I've just swapped a UJ and yet again it's due to 1 cup running dry despite regular greasing.

Does anyone know a supplier of UJ's that have slots in the end of the spider.

I'm sure i've seen them somewhere.

As it is i slotted the end of the new one i fitted and pumped it full of grease & hurrah grease out of all 4 cups, hopefully this UJ will last a while longer than the last.

cheers

Gren

slotted or not, at some stage the grease hardens, and it will find the way of the least resistance. I tend to put a g clamp on opposed needle cups to try to guide the grease to all 4 cups. that trick dont work if you have them slotted.

daan

hmmm I found that slotted ones can be a pain too. they where in the original "OEM" prop i bought, but they must have been set up too tight as it appered that the slots had actually caused damage to the inner top side of the mateing cup, and the groove had acted as a scraper and taken of the hardend plateing of the bareing cup... na good.

I've found cleaning them out off all the "factory" installed grease before you install them goes a fair way to keep things fluid in them...

Mav

One thing that will help is to boil out the factory grease before fitting. They often fit something that waxes badly and prevents distribution. I don't know why they don't just sell some with multiple cap-end nipples; I'm very tempted to just make some for the next time I need any.