transferbox issue silly question.

hello all. :)

when changing my front discs, the wheel kept on spinning and this is with the hand brake on which i thought lock the transfer box which is constant 4wd so it should of locked the front wheels? and the diff lock is basically low range and has nothing to do with the diff(s)?

by hand i can turn the prop happy as larry aslong as there is 1 wheel off the ground, this cant be right surely? :huh:

The centre diff works just like an axle diff when not locked.

For a min imagine looking down at an axle from above, with the left hand wheel locked- you would be able to turn the right one if it was up in the air.

Now take that image and instead of left and right wheels you have front and back axles. Same idea.

By applying the handbrake you are locking one side of the diff (if diff lock is not engaged). You are therefore still able to turn the wheel and the propshaft turns even though handbrake is on.

your telling me! im still trying to find the red and yellow levers :P

there's something special about driving about in an old series that you're changing all the different gear sticks (gear, red, yellow, overdrive) whilst carrying on with a totally unrelated conversation to the passenger.

G