defender handling

my 90 is running OME 2 inch lift shocks and springs polybuushed all over. But when i drive down the road and hit bumps where the road is not quite level i have to keep correcting the steering, on a flat road its fine just when there are bumps. The wheels are balanced no vibrations through the wheel it just dont want to go in a straight line. After it hit a bump. The swivels have been replaced and bearing checked and adjusted but it still like it.

Any ideas where i should start looking.

Baz

Take it you mean a tendency to wander slightly rather than a shimmy as you go over bumps?

I think raising the suspension does make this a little more of a tendency, but you might want to check your steering box for play and panhard rod bushes and bolts aren't worn. Not enough steering preload can increase wander as well.

all of the above points, but also think about the steering damper, I had the original oil unit on my 90 and it was a bit swimmy through the bends and over potholes, I put a new Bilstein B6 gas pressureised damper on it and it's really firmed things up a load, obviously there's room for improvement but it's certainly helped a lot.