Dave (ashcroft) have thought of us!

Soren Frimodt

Err, 24 splines? So, that would JUST be for a 109 series 3 back axle then?

It's a good start, but I'm looking forward to the stage 1 v8 front axle half shafts!

G.

No they are Rover length but 24 spline both ends like the Kam ones I have in mine.

I got my Stage One V8 24/23 shafts from Rakeway.

Oh and I just ordered a shiny new Ashcroft locker to go between the front shafts. I'll leave the ARB in the back as it's easiest to remove when the seals leak!

Grem, I think I still have a good pair of shafts for a 109 Salisbury axle, complete with flanges. I could bring them down to Luqa next time I go there for you to collect from the Globeground guys (I haven't asked, but I'm sure they'd be willing to bring them to ground side for you). PM me your details if you want them.

Thanks for the offer but i have a spare set of shafts for the salisbury, i was looking more for a set of stage 1 front shafts either in standard format 10/23 spline or 24/23 spline like robotman has done. Its not a priority but it would be nice to have a spare set. I know KAM are doing the 24/23 spline shafts to go into coiler axles sold trough Britpart.

I used to work right next door to the globe ground warehouse when i was with DHL.

G

Rob, you must also make sure you have the longer bolts for the crownwheel. SOme series have them as standard, some not. But the shorter ones won't engage fully when you put in the spacer.. Just a heads up, not sure whether you can get those bolts new anywhere.. Dave?

I just ordered a set of the flanged bolts, spacer and a new bottle of loctite, I just assumed they would be right as that set-up wrked fine with my ARB, maybe a little shy of fully through but it has held up so far.

Out at the weekend in dry conditions and had a lot of wrap issues, mostly front of course, so I think I'll need anti-wrap to cope with the locker. Finding space will of course be the problem.

Ps I haven't forgotten that other item Soren, just hoping for the exchange rate to improve lol! I might have just spent the cash on this Ashcroft Locker but doing 70 hours this week will help top the funds back up.

Hehe no problem mate, I'm not going anywhere :)

regarding anti-wrap, I know I've said it before, but it really is a must-have! It is the one thing I would do first to any leafer, it just improves the traction so much, it is unbelievable. Even if you do it "the simple way" as I've done. I really think there could be a market for an easy bolt-on kit..

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's built up now ready to fit.

I have pegged it too of course.

post-3874-0-50751000-1345453494_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to make up my mind whether to drop it straight in to the front or move the ARB to the front and put this in the back.

I know the back gets more use and hammer so, from reputation and having seen the thing, I should put it in there but front failure or servicing is more of a work up so the better air system of the Ashcroft should make it more fit and forget although the greater hold in makes me want it in the back for quicker more positive engagement.

I know it's a dilemma many would like to share.

Oh and the supplied longer bearing cap bolts are of course metric and the pegged casing I had was imperial.

I was going to fit it yesterday but went out to play instead.

A front locker probably wouldn't have helped much here due to the lack of weight on the tyres but at least I wouldn't have been so gentle due to worries about the stock(ish) front diff going bang and having to drive home.

http://youtu.be/dCpvGABBDZg