Bump = Snap = New springs

Gents

While minding my own business driving over a road hump, i had a nerve gangling bang, after investigation this proved to be the passenger spring snapping.

Thus i need to replace both the driver and passenger side springs.

I was going to also replace the struts and possibly the cones as well.

Can i check what bushes do you also need and do these come with the struts?

Plus was planning on the standard height,heavy duty Britpart springs with their new Cellular Dynamic Front Shock absorbers DC6000.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

LR is a 1987 110 hardtop, not a lot loading typcially.

cheers?

if your not going to carry much weight i would go with standard springs, as my dads defender 90 pickup has heavy duty britpart springs with the celluar dynamic shockers all round, and its a bit of a stiff ride, but when its got weight in its a nice ride.

Fit standard rate springs. They will last a good number of years, so long as you fit reasonable quality parts (NOT BRITPART).

I really don't know why people insist on fitting HD suspension to Landy.

Unless you intend to run heavily laden, all it achieves is a less comfortable ride than you started out with, and on top of that is counter production if you want to drive off road.

Fit standard rate springs. They will last a good number of years, so long as you fit reasonable quality parts (NOT BRITPART).

I really don't know why people insist on fitting HD suspension to Landy.

Unless you intend to run heavily laden, all it achieves is a less comfortable ride than you started out with, and on top of that is counter production if you want to drive off road.

If you;re not running any kind of anti-roll bar it helps with the cornering, I got stiff spings on my 90 and she's not that heavy ladened, it can be a bumpy ride but I don;t mind it all. - I guess its what you;re prepared to put up with. i don;t have kids or a lady to worry about getting "upset" :moglite:

cheers guys.

ill go with the standard springs - on the paddocks site they are all aftermarket parts, i assume britpart. Is the advice these are not so good?

If so whos spring should i be buying?

correct, all paddocks stuff is britpart as i found when ordering a full set of spring. :unsure: but hey ho, when they fail. they get send back. have you checked out the terrafirma stuff?

if its any constellation, there 'own brand' (not britpart!!) performance disc bakes get the thumbs from me, :i-m_so_happy:

When I got my 110 last year it had a 2" lift HD springs and suspension which Was too high and too hard not to mention that the rear propshaft made strange noises, the steering was lumpy and the radius arms had not been uprated, nor the trailing arms - so i bought britpart (from paddocks) being on a budget - standard springs for a 91 defender 110 and theyve been fine so far. The front are progressive so they give a comfortable ride and from what I can tell on other forums these suspension units present no problem apart from the lacking kudos attributed to other makes. ill see how many years they last though before I make any firm judgment but so far theyre OK. Not that I wouldnt prefer the best of the best of the best :)