Travelling companion?

GBMUD

I am looking for a passenger/navigator/company for a little trip round the Alps in September this year.

There is no specific route planned yet AFAIK but expect to visit some high mountain passes. Something like this is the plan. We will go in my 110 Td5 SW, looking at going out the 1st September and returning the 16th Dover-Calais - making a stop over at

in the Somme on the way back.

Also going on the trip will be fellow forum members TJ101, JST and Orgasmic Farmer all travelling in 110s. The plan (such as it is) is to wild camp where possible, probably staying in a campsite every third night or a cheap hotel if weather or circumstances dictate.

You will need to bring personal kit, camping gear, food/drink, an iPod and a GSOH. I will not expect any financial contribution over and above your own direct costs, you will be responsible for your own spending and a tank of diesel would be a nice gesture.

If you think you might like it, please PM me.

Cheers

Chris

Just got back from a short weekend away this afternoon, was at Parc du Marquenterre yesterday. its a great place to spend a day you will like it. I have been there 3 times now

Cool. I have also been a few times - every year since the mid 90s! :-)

Still looking for a passenger for this trip.

Chris

Its times like this that its tempting to wish I didn't have kids, dogs and a wife...

Very jealous Chris, I've been itching to get back to the Alps for years, I've got loads of mates and family out there. My next holiday is planned for 2014 :(

Will :(

Got a great programme planned including highest point of Alps (legally) accessible by 4x4, loads of great high-level gravel tracks, countless Napoleonic forts and other military installations,, chance for rock climbing in the Verdon Gorge (if that is your thing), visit to Monaco and a dip in the Med, more hairpins than you can shake a stick at, wild camping, panoramas to die for, and lots lots more.

Sounds exactly like the route we did!

you will struggle on the hairpins up Sommelier with 110's I had to shunt the 90. I lose count of them after 13 back to back.

If your planning to stay in Monaco there is a municipal campsite around the corner in Menton. You can get the train into Monaco from there for about 6eu.

The Asseti Crest is also worth a drive as your in the area.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Last call.

We now have a route mostly sorted out, it appears to take in most countries of Europe as well as many principalities. The route includes: lots of high passes including the highest legally motorable road in Europe, military roads and emplacements/forts, the Stelvio pass, the San Bernardino, the Col du Turini, the Monaco GP circuit, Verdon gorge, Vercors, Mont Blanc, lake Geneva and some French peage!

Chris