Receiver Hitch

Simon_CSK

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but thought is a general issue that may have been asked before.

Am working on a little project that I have been playing with for a while for a non standard from tow bar and mount for all sorts of things.

I want to be able to use standard receiver hitch dimensions for versitility I know the tube has an internal size of 2" but what I would like to know is what is the pin hole diameter, what diameter is the hole and how far back should it be from the end of the tube. Also what wall thickness of tube is used?

Thanks

Mine is totally home made, so no compatibility issues.

I used a 3/4" tractor top link pin, which as already said, are easy to come by. My socket is 4 pieces of 10mm plate welded at the corners to give a 2" socket. This makes a reasonable fit with 50mm sq billet I machined as the removable high level recovery hook.

IIRC receiver hitch tube is a bit different from regular square tube in that it has rounded corners. May want to watch out for that if you want to be able to use standard 2" receiver stuff.

Thanks for that I had not realised. I am not sure yet what I am going to use for but I certainly want to keep my options open.