TD5 - front wheel bearing sensor

boaterboy

And, if a sensor fails does that mean replacing the whole hub, please?

And, that raises another question in my mind, does one get 'the 3 amigos' if only one sensor (say) fails? Presumably it's unlikely that 4 sensors will fail simultaneously?

My Disco had the lights come on last week, accompanied by beeps! The abs, tc & hdc lights (not hand brake).

I took it in Saturday to get it checked & it was the nsr sensor, & the fault was canceled & went for a drive round. They've since come back on.

I've checked for play in the wheel bearing but couldn't detect any, however, I was told you might not be able to!? Is that right?

I think I'll change the sensor first before the hub as I need to do all the discs anyway.

My nsr sensor gave the same symptoms as yours. It turned out that rust had built up under the sensor and lifted it enough that the gap between it and the reluctor ring was too great.

The sensor was ok electrically, but the bracket was unwell. Replaced the sensor and cleaned the seat. It's been fine ever since.

My nsr sensor gave the same symptoms as yours. It turned out that rust had built up under the sensor and lifted it enough that the gap between it and the reluctor ring was too great.

The sensor was ok electrically, but the bracket was unwell. Replaced the sensor and cleaned the seat. It's been fine ever since.

This is why you can often fix a sensor problem with a 'technical tap' with a hammer. Sometimes removing the o-ring helps as well.