Discovery 300tdi radiator/intercooler

godzilla84

Hi folks, I have recently removed the grille on my Disco to clean my radiator and intercooler and i have found that both are in a pretty bad way. Most of the fins are feeling pretty fragile and crispy. My first thought was to get both refurbed and im going to get it priced up on monday.

Depending on what i get quoted for this, i may end up getting replacements. I dont want to faf around with fitting new pipe work so i want to get the correct ones. Is there a difference between the 200tdi and 300tdi intercooler/radiators in terms of the location of the inlet/outlet pipes?

Many thanks, Mark (Godzilla)

Watch out for "cheaper" radiators, a lot of the pattern part ones have plastic endssides, so it means the cooling elements are glued in place rather than soldered. I looked into it a bit, decided that a re-core as long as the rest of the radiator is sound is the better option, they usually pressure test and fix any other minor problems with them too.

I had my radiator recored with the standard core out of a Mack Dynatherm - it has a 4 row core (off set) using 1/2" tubes as againt the standard inline 4 row core with 1/4" tubes the cost was around AUD $540.00 but the reduced water temperature made it well worthwhile. It fits/solders into the existing LR heads without any modification - apart from being cut down in overall length -