Lidl Tool Specials: Oscillating Tool and DA Sander

UdderlyOffroad

Evening Ladels and Gentlespoons,

Whilst picking up some milk at my local Lidl I saw these two tools, an air-powered oscillating tool and a DA sander. I will need both of these tools in the future for upcoming jobs, but did anyone take a punt? I appreciate these will need a fairly meaty compressor, but at £30 each you'd be lucky to pick up a decent electrically powered one?

Oscillating tool

DA Sander

Sorry I did test the link so don’t know what happened there –sometimes it asks you to put your postcode in, I guess to confirm the stores in your area will have the kit?

Decided to leave the DA Sander as similar is available on the Bay of E for <£40 delivered, so will purchase when I do a job that actually requires one.

Machine Mart have a lot of the stuff int he link for similar (occasionally lower) prices, so they are worth a look. I reckon MM will be better about replacements and spares too. That said, i have a few Lidl angle grinders and other bits and bobs and they havent performed badly.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like the relative convenience of Machine Mart, but I've found that you can nearly always get better quality for less delivered via the Bay of E. Plus it saves me a trip to the, how can I put this, dodgier end of Bristol!

Have decided not to bother with the oscillating tool due to my poor old air compressor probably not being man enough for the task. Fortunately ALDI will shortly be doing a 'leccy version:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_27081.htm