Shire @ Bunny lane this sunday

TJN

Shire have another Bunny Lane day this sunday why not come and play.

£20 for the day.

Membership available on the day or we accept membership cards from HBRO, SAD Camel Club and TV4x4.

The site is situated just outside Romsey at Timsbury. Directions available from the Shire website.

See you there TJ

Military sites are difficult. There have been problems with other clubs not following the rules from Landmarc and also they are extremely expensive to run. So doubtful to be honest. Also several of the sites are being closed by the army.

Are Shire planning any more events at Slab, Hogmoore or Broxhead in the near future ?

Bunny lane is just that bit too far for a day trip for us.

HBLRO are at Slab in a couple of weeks time I think. Check their tinternet webby site thingy

Thanks for the updates chaps, last time I went to a HBLRO event at Slab we had to play follow my leader round a taped off course, not something I am keen to repeat.

I had heard Landmarc were getting more expensive and had issues with their "rules" shame really as we've been using the sites for years.

As TJ says, the problem is some clubs that have hired the sites have not stuck to the rules, people have strayed off-limits, interfered with the tanks, etc. and ultimately it's only the goodwill of the MOD that means anyone can use the sites at all. The MOD sites aren't cheap and as people have less spare cash the turnouts aren't what they were a few years ago, which makes it a fair risk to run many (if any) MOD site days. Co-operation between clubs may be one way to go in future to reduce costs.

One thing we've never done (and have not used a few potential sites because of this) is the whole "follow-my-leader" or "just drive round this single track" type thing as it's really not a great way to have a play day.

We're always on the lookout for new sites etc. but it's quite a time-consuming thing to do.

Co-operation between clubs may be one way to go in future to reduce costs.

We usually get 20+ at our playdays at MudMonsters, always up for some co-operation.....

Pff. :P

Sorry to hijack your thread TJ, Bunny Lane must be epic if a man is prepared to leave all the local beer and drive across half of Europe to attend :P