OK New Truck sorted

reads90

As you know i had to sell my 90 before i came over to Aus

so after a 4 hour chat with a company in Brisbane , i have decided which way to go for a new truck.

Its going to be a Disco 95- 97 age (manly because they are the same price as a 90 Rangie here). Disco because 100 inch is the way to go and the 90 is far too short for out here

It is going to be a manaul V8 3.9. But Have been offered a supercharger for it (mmmm nice) LT 95 box and transfer box

Going to get it try backed and cage fitted (internal). at the same time.

all of this should make it battle ready at a wiegt of 1600 to 1800.

Also going to have Nissan front alxe and toyota rear (maybe Nissan rear yet to be decided)

This will mean 4.1 ring and pinions as standard factory fittment.But do have the choice of 4.3, 4.7, 5.4. And anyone that has seen nissan or toyota diffs and half shafts and cv's will know that they are alot bigger than Landy onesand 30 spline. With ARB lockers

Warn 8274 (or high mount as they are called here) speak to Jim about the 24v two motor thingy

Don't have Husky's here so sourch somthing simular for the rear.

Shocks Bilstens 12" travel and lowered shock mounts, bent rear raius arms and dislocation cones mount on the bottom with retainers on the top

Tyres will be BFG Krawlers as they have slincon in them which makes then better on wet surfaces (rock , tarmac, and other stuff)

Will be able to take 37" tyres with the axels that are on,

Truck will be made up over the next year and ready by the end of the road. Aiming to do a couple of local winch challenges over the next year or so and then the Outback in 2008

Any comments or surgestions

BLACK%20DISCO%20UTE_0.jpg

?

Silicon I guess :ph34r:

Sounds good, Ali. Winches and tyres deffinatly good choices :lol: I'll have to have a word with you once I start building mine as I think there's something you may like for the rear winch.

I don't know so much about RV8s so I can't remember when GEMS came in on the disco and whether any of the SI's had it. That'd give you a dizzyless ignition system and they seem to work much, much better in water (yeah, yeah, I know its not so much of an issue for you :P )

Why internal cage? I know how you drive and you're going to look like the car in the Peugeot add in no time!

Silicon I guess :ph34r:

Why internal cage? I know how you drive and you're going to look like the car in the Peugeot add in no time!

part of Aussie rules. They don't like external cages. But have the room for it in Disco's unlike Defenders. The one in the picture has a full internal cage. (if they are not they are planing to get you to have an internal cage even if you have an external cage) So might as well put an internal in to start of with

We sat and watched the 2006 tuff truck dvd

half way through All Vicky had to say was.

Aus competitors are much fitter than the uk competitors

:o

and

mmmmmmm Hydraulics

:D

Watching the Mogrover she is becoming more interested in big tires and running gear.

half way through All Vicky had to say was.

Aus competitors are much fitter than the uk competitors

:o

and

mmmmmmm Hydraulics

:D

Watching the Mogrover she is becoming more interested in big tires and running gear.

belive me jules its the weather. Too hot to be a large fat land rover driver with a beard :lol::lol:

I think she was meaning eye candy

but more importantly she wants hydrolices on the tomcat (fec knows how) means she can be my co-driver

told the bloke today what shocks you had on the silver freelander. he was impressed and said wow they he does not f*** about with his surpension, go for it from the start

Ah so - that is why the cellophane was removed from my copy :D:D

I've only watched disc 1 so far.

Some of it reminded me of Ali - ie I'm still moving - albeit at 1mm per minute - therefore I'm not stuck :P

It was good to MogRover still doing well on a conventional suspension setup.

Back on topic - if you mix'n'match axles - do you need two spare wheels ?

Ah so - that is why the cellophane was removed from my copy :D:D

Some of it reminded me of Ali - ie I'm still moving - albeit at 1mm per minute - therefore I'm not stuck :P

It was good to MogRover still doing well on a conventional suspension setup.

Back on topic - if you mix'n'match axles - do you need two spare wheels ?

No Andy they don't come with cellophane Honest . They put the dvds in after you take the box to the counter.

On the mix and matxh alxes bit. That is the clever bit, Toyota and Nissan run the same stud pattern, and rims

No Andy they don't come with cellophane Honest . They put the dvds in after you take the box to the counter.

On the mix and matxh alxes bit. That is the clever bit, Toyota and Nissan run the same stud pattern, and rims

Two words for that DVD

Bling

superb

thats why i want a manual diso :)

I am not stuck if the truck is moving a 1mm. do my old 90 trick of slam in 1st and then slame it in revers and keep doing that untill she pops out :rolleyes:

thats why i want a manual diso :)

I am not stuck if the truck is moving a 1mm. do my old 90 trick of slam in 1st and then slame it in revers and keep doing that untill she pops out :rolleyes:

I like the Mog trick when he rolls it.

I've use it once or twice but never seen what it looks like from outside the car..

In the mud run when he nails it in reverse and just wears the offending bank that he was bellied on away with his 40" super swamper tyres .

A true Read driving tatic :lol: