Thread of the hi/low box shift stick anyone know on a early 200tdi

SimonR will know as he supplies both of those with his X-Defend gear locks

Ahemmm....Thats why I ask as the ones he sent me don't fit my vehicle :hysterical: Its not any fault of his kit as it all worked very well. I think its my probably "Made on a Friday aternoon from the bits bucket at the factory truck" :unsure:

I have sent him a message but thought for the cost of two nuts I could just get two from Oxon fastenings my local suppliers to save any hasle and get the job done.

Hi All I need to find the thread of the knob (so to speak) of the hi/lo box shift lever on my early 200tdi. I thought it was M10 but an M10 nut starts but stops as its not the right thread also the securing nut at the base of the main gearbox lever that is a LT77 TYPE.

Anyone know?

Cheers

J2J

The gear lever is held one with a standard M10 nut.

Gear knobs could be anything at all, as Ralph's said the knobs have a rubber insert in them that compresses to form a thread.

I've made silly gearknobs for friends in the past (mostly in the mini scene) and I do happen to remember that a mini gearstick is 1/2 inch whitworth, I wouldnt be suprised if your looking similar on the Landies. Where your M10 doesnt fit, 3/8 whit or UNC would be the closest in old money.

Ahemmm....Thats why I ask as the ones he sent me don't fit my vehicle :hysterical: Its not any fault of his kit as it all worked very well. I think its my probably "Made on a Friday aternoon from the bits bucket at the factory truck" :unsure:

I have sent him a message but thought for the cost of two nuts I could just get two from Oxon fastenings my local suppliers to save any hasle and get the job done.

Ah, thought it a strange coincidence! :) Could it be the nuts are actually damaged/faulty? Have you tried other known M10 nuts or fitting Simons nuts (ooo errrr) on a known M10 bolt?