External switchable maps

mikec

Hi guys, back again :)

I'm struggling to find out how to do the switchable maps on my ms, the only info I've got is written on the ecu "table switch pin 3 (spr1)" a

I also found this on the net, but can't say i really understand it.

http://msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Hardware_Manual.htm#mapswitch

Can anyone translate it into idiot for me or point me in the right direction for some instructions.

Thanks mike

Assuming from that that the ECU has been ready configured in hardware for the map switch, you can find out if it needs a switch to earth or a switch to 12v by measuring the voltage present on pin 3 of the DB37 (SPR1). If there is 5v present on the pin then it should switch to earth, if 0v then it should switch to 12v BUT if in any doubt at all you need to ask whoever built the ECU because if that sticker is wrong and you stick 12v into the ECU you might damage it.

In the software configuration you need to tell it which map(s) you want it to switch to when the input is triggered. You can set up spark only, fuel only or both. On the fuelling you can also set a changeover period which is especially useful on an LPG setup.

Ah ok, does it make a difference if I'm using a relay board? So all I need to do is cut the wire from pin 3 send it to a simple on/off switch and send the other end back to earth or live. Or does it need to go back to the other end of the cut pin 3 wire?

Nige has had the mod done for me so hopefully he'll confirm if its live or earth.

Cheers for the help mike