RRC 94 Vogue Fuel Flap actuator

walace58

My fuel flap actuator won't return to normal position so flap can be pushed shut. Motor works but shaft does not extend far enough to put catch back in position. Have tried Wd40 etc.

It is 1994 model. no part number on actuator just Maker, 'Kiekert 6, W germany'.

Not available as a spare. Was this fitted to any other car at that time, perhaps Ford or BMW? Does anyone have an exploded diagram of this item? I have tried to dismantle but 'lid' seem to be very well fixed. It might need sawing off.

Thanks, walace58

I've just taken one off an '89 (did they have the same part?) but I don't know if it works, I can test it if you can tell me how. Is it 12v in one direction for open and the other direction for closed? If it works you can have it for the cost of postage, saves me putting it in the bin.

Hi

Cynic- al

- thanks for your offer, I don't if same actuator as manual is for 92- 94. I have got mine working by putting WD40 init, it took till monday morning to work, so now refitted.

If you want to test yours, mine works by one application of the power, the catch is withdrawn into the body of the actuator, which allows the spring loaded flap to open. the motor appears to keep spinning allowing the catch to return to its original position waiting for the fuel flap to be closed. The part of the actuator, 'spindle/shaft', is now locked into position, and can't be pushed into the actuator body, but the end latch 'spring loaded', can move under pressure of the lug on the fuel flap and this secures the fuel flap closed.

If it looks like item 2 3 and 4 in the drawing attached and works, I would be interested

http://www.numcat.ru/landrover/p/39/49057/

A very clever engineering solutuion , I think, its lasted for 19 years, lets hope for a bit longer.

Western,

as you see above , haven't had to buy a new one, do you know if the 1989 actuator is the same?

Regards to all, walace58