Another journey to MS1 conversion

cosecon

Looking good, must be a huge upgrade from a 4-barrel :)

Are you going to do fan control? Might be worth adding a circuit or two to the proto area while you have it all in mind.

Being in Greece with summers sometimes 44-45 oC I prefer the nice original helicopter fan. I will definitely add lpg, therefore dual map etc, but one step at a time. I prefer to do some double work but be able to troubleshoot easily.

(HFH you ve got mail!!!)

:blink:

er .....Checked PMs and email, .....sorry haven't got it...... please resend

megasquirt.v8@gmail.com or PM and I'll sort tootysweety :)

Nige

I guess Nige you pressed the wrong button....this means I have to rewrite everything?????????

Ah, you've made it hard for yourself by fitting *all* the components rather than only the ones you need.

Actually as far as I know, the only "optional" components according to Msextra manual were the r37 r38, which I fitted since I had them available and I liked the view of the full heatsink bar... :rofl: Althought I do not like this sticky tape mounting on the heatsink and I will replace with some throughole TO220 heatsink ones I found.

Dirty, here's my current layout - this removes all the bits you don't use with a standard Rover V8 + EDIS, which then makes some of the other mods much easier. You must be aware that it is quite sneaky though, for example taking 12v from D3 and routing it through unused tracks from the VR sensor circuit, so if you use this you need to be VERY careful and consult the circuit diagrams before making any changes to it. Put it another way: if you do this and smoke comes out, it's not my fault!

v3components_minimal.png

Dirty, here's my current layout - this removes all the bits you don't use with a standard Rover V8 + EDIS, which then makes some of the other mods much easier. You must be aware that it is quite sneaky though, for example taking 12v from D3 and routing it through unused tracks from the VR sensor circuit, so if you use this you need to be VERY careful and consult the circuit diagrams before making any changes to it. Put it another way: if you do this and smoke comes out, it's not my fault!

v3components_minimal.png

I guess you are right...much easier with your layout.... much much easier!!! next time I should know better...

I put everything on the top, but that's only personal preference. For bridging components, I use the offcuts of component legs - R37,R38 and R43 I use chunky wire (actually the legs from the MOV) as those are taking some amps, for everything else I use quite thin enamelled copper wire (transformer wire), but the single-core insulated bell wire Maplins sell is fine, nothing is carrying much current.

TIP122 is correct, you'll need the isolating kit with those, although TIP122FP is plastic-bodied and requires no isolator. PM me your address I'll pop one in the post.

Hi to all, I am doing my studying for the programming of the ms1.

I have the following question:

I am planning to use the hotwire coolant temperature sensor.

According to megamanual the ms1 direct compatible sensor is

Degrees F Degrees C Ohms

-40º -40 100,700

0º -18 25,000

20º -7 13,500

40º 4 7,500

70º 21 3,400

100º 38 1,800

160º 71 450

210º 99 185

The hotwire v8 is :

-10C (14°F) 9100-9300 Ohms

0C (32°F) 5700-5900 Ohms

20C (68°F) 2400-2600 Ohms

40C (104°F) 1100-1300 Ohms

60C (140°F) 500-700 Ohms

80C (176°F) 300-400 Ohms

100C (212°F) 150-200 Ohms

To my understanding, from what I have read I need to run easy-therm for MS1 in order to build a translation table.

Is this correct or I have miss-interpreted the instructions?

If I do not reprogram, I believe the gauges in megatune will show incorrect temperatures.