Building an MS1 board

dirtyninety

Well spotted on R40 - it can be bridged out if Q19's not fitted, but doesn't make a lot of difference as it's only 1 Ohm.

ref. Q19, it becomes obvious if you look at the circuit diagram (which I just had to to double-check!):

fp_drive.png

R40 (or the jumper in its place) throws a short across pin 1 & 2 of Q19. So, no need to worry there!

Did you check to see the 12v (9v with battery) and 5v on the ms board?

I did not use a cable, I just removed the small securing nuts on the stim db37 and plugged directly to the ms.

If you have the correct voltages, check the RPM switch on the stim, maybe you have no rpm signal. No rpm signal, no injection.

• 3 weeks later...

The finishing stages... I also build mine, but have not finish it properly. The car is run like a mad man though...

Cleaning the board with 90% alcohol I think? How to protect the PCB from humidity/moisture? What can the best used for first protection (will also put the complete system in a water tight box)?

I heard stuff like Flux SK10...

Cleaning with Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) is fine, there are dedicated PCB cleaners but I've tried about 5 or 6 and none do much better than IPA & a stiff brush.

For coating, use acrylic conformal coating, most electronics suppliers will have some, even maplins. Just be careful of getting it on connector pins or in the MAP sensor.