Aftermarket stereo install - 200 discovery

Mean Green

The conversion of my Discovery commercial is almost complete. I am now at the finishing off stage and part of this is fitting a new aftermarket stereo. However, the head unit will not fit into the space under the centre console - it protrudes by about 1 - 2 inches.

I know this has been a common problem, but is there anything that can be done to get a snug fit.

I've has same problem with both my LRs. You just have to make sure the wiring at the rear is tidy, and lose not bunched and blocking the unit going in, trying pulling the wiring from the rear of the head units housing at the same time you push the unit inplace, any surplus witre being pushed behind the dash.

That's assuming you have a standard DIN head unit and similar to the one u removed and therefore it's just the wiring that's stopping it being fitted.

Although I have a later disco I still had a birds nest to put away, but managed it by pushing the wires to the back and sides :)

post-5809-0-56537100-1362598508_thumb.jpg

Jiggling the wires up and behind the cage as you insert makes a big difference, leaves about half an inch protruding, rather than 1.5, it never bothered me much so left it like that, but a spacer would of course tidy it up.

A spacer is exactly what I am looking for - I have had a search on the bay, but cant seem to find anything other than the finishing trims for round the front of the head unit. Any suggestions as to what to search for?