Bilstein B4 shocks

I've been running the bilstens for a year and a half now. Great shock for the road, very good handling. Too stiff (and short) for offroad.

Don't get their steering damper tough - it's a gas damper and I found it was impossible to live with.

I've been running the bilstens for a year and a half now. Great shock for the road, very good handling. Too stiff (and short) for offroad.

Does that suggest they're shorter than the standard landrover dampers?

Thanks chaps. They look ok and with Bilstein's reputation I doubt they'll be bad and given their scale of production I expect will offer reasonably good value for money. So I've placed an order. I'll pop back and give a verdict once they're fitted and I've run around on them. Cant be any worse than the kangaroo hopping about I'm currently experiencing when I hit anything resembling a ripple in the tarmac!

For overlanding i'd go for either Land Rover oem shocks or the Koni Heavy Trak's, nothing else.

Go on then, I've got a 2" lift, what Koni do I need?

Also, do I need axle stands and a trolley jack to change the shocks?

A trolley jack and a high lift is the ideal combination. Then you can easily change shocks quickly.

If the shocks have been on for a while you are likely to have to take the turret off as well. It is pretty common to snap at least one turret ring bolt. So it's a good idea to have a frest set of turret rings at hand.

A trolley jack and a high lift is the ideal combination. Then you can easily change shocks quickly.

If the shocks have been on for a while you are likely to have to take the turret off as well. It is pretty common to snap at least one turret ring bolt. So it's a good idea to have a frest set of turret rings at hand.

I'm only changing the back ones.

Also, does anyone know how to adjust the latest koni Heavy tracks? (With the plastic not metal tops)

Cheers,

Mike