Military Sources to buy a LR Defender...

Hi, Folkies.... I just fell over this source to get used Army LandRovers.... so I just wanna ask if somebody has experiences with this trader ? Its "The Rocket Site" and "Army-Uk.Info". They say something about: "Ex ARMY UK" (probably the official firm name) has 55 years experience. Seems they have plenty of LRs...

909_LRSERIES109-16.JPG

(Rec.: Looks like LR heaven *laugh*)

Very impressive indeed...

They offer on their site different LandRovers and RangeRovers... go here and select on the right side "LandRover" and hit GO. And you find something like this (Land Rover series III 109 LWB Softtop):

858_LRSERIE109-12.JPG

Even for export outside of UK/EU... like these:

139_DSC07019.JPG

- Who's behind "The Rocket Site", "Army-UK.INfo" and "Ex Army UK" ?

- Does Army-uk.info gives guarantee ?

- What about the prizes ?

- Is it just luck like in lottery or roulette to get a good LR from there or do they check every car they get in before putting on the sales list ? etc. etc. etc. ....

I wonder the "good shape" of the cars....

... same with trucks. Seems they polish up every vehicle (just show making ??)

Pls share your experiences. Tks in advance. :-)

Is it just me being ultra cautious or does the whole thing look a bit dodgy?

When it says operating from " The Great Britain" that sets a whole lot of alarm bells ringing.

What will they want next - " your bank account number and sortings code " ??

I may be totally wrong but........

Cheers

Barry

The two big players in the UK are both horrible to deal with, hate people and hate the equipment they sell. If you buy at a tender or auction you'll be lucky to get the vehicle you thought you were. They are only interested in how much money they can make from you and nothing else. They pretend to be a bit nicer if you're a fleet customer but they'll still shaft you if they think they can get away with it. I received a powershift transmission from one of them that was full of chunks of metal and knackered. They knew where it was going and knew it would be stuck in customs long after any warranty would have expired. They do it because they can and they know you'll be back next week because there's nowhere else to get some kit.
You might be lucky to find something good but don't expect a bargain. These guys aren't stupid and know what things are worth. They're very careful not to flood the market with anything to keep the prices high too. You can find better deals privately if you just need a Land Rover.

tks to all the folks here.... yes, seems risky to burn own hands :-) So better to search on a private market.... I asked about LR because I am looking for a chassis which might be setup then with a kind of "cargo" function.... similar what I have seen in Poland, it is setup as a LR Defender for Mountain Rescue:

131211616392190000.jpg

I will ask my question then within a new thread here: What the best chassis would be for ! - Pls answer there if you have any ideas/suggestions.

Tks so fare giving me feedback here about this "military source stuff". It was really helpfully (and by my instinks I was not totally wrong my alarm clocks ringed loudly) :-) - Enjoy your day !