TPS

need4speed

Working on the TPS wiring today. The TPS itself looks really crappy. Looks as though its maybe even sustained a little knock at some time.

This got me thinking: just how reliable are these? Would it be worth changing now? Id rather not if i dont have to as they arent exactly chip-money.....

The wires get hot and coverings can crack

They are remarkably strong, and MS can test them

Right click any gauage, select TPS then push pedal down and see if 0-100% is smooth - if not its Fubared

You will need to calibrate TPS 1st

Tools > Calibrate TPS> ignition on and get top box (value 20-40 good, then push acel to floor get 2nd box 250-300 good

if 1st box is high and 2nd low TPS wired back to front :)

Nige

I've had problems with the wire sheathing splitting where it comes out of the housing but that's about it. If you had an analog meter you could see if you get a clean variation in the range but at the end of the day it's not the hardest part to change. How much are they new out of interest?