Hi lift axle straps where from

01gue5t

a strap strop round axle then chassis so when Hi lift lifts chassis axle lifts to

hi lift foot easier to pack on soft ground no grovelling around in mud at arms length laying down

and H L has more uses my opinion of course lol

maybe there not available and ive seen strops or ratchet strap used lol

Merc sprinter telescopic bottle jacks are the schnizz, hi-lifts are just hateful instruments which will try to kill you at every turn, but handy in some situations.

I carry a bottle jack for normal use (wheels/service/press), only take the hi-lift (as well) if going somewhere nasty.

they are potentially lethal lol

I always put a bolt in hole just incase

used it to change my 110 springs just lifted chassis etc till springs popped then popped new in

spread bars etc not wanting to sound like an advert but used it for really odd jobs

but it is just waiting to kill or maim at its first opportunity I agree lol

http://extreme4x4.co.uk/acatalog/REAR_TOP_SHOCK_MOUNTS.html

Are these the things?

I agree with the others though, stick with bottle jack if possible, hi lifts are great bits of kit but also very dangerous.

If you are really desperate, a strong ratchet strap around the chassis leg and axle casing would do the same thing.

I just use a regular ratchet strap. That way you can tighten it properly and you lift absolutely minimum height required. Plus, a ratchet strap can serve as an extra pair of hands so just throw one in your toolkit :)

Bottle jacks are fine if you are on flat and hard ground but a hi lift will always work.

I do use ratchet strap when changing wheel but thought a PROPER bit of kit out there lol

but over £100 just for rears ouch and still use ratchet for front !

I just like the versatility of hilift and as long as your aware its waiting for an opportunity to kill your ok

thanks for replies