Oh dear! TD5 wont start

p.s. Anderzander, i have a photo with all the measurements on for cutting a hole in the floor to change the pump if you want it, save you lying underneath with a tape measure.

Yes please ! I can file it away for when I'm ready. I've been looking around to see if there is some kind of hath or cover that I could fit to make it a bit neater too. Found a few marine hatches of the right size, but they are all plastic.

Well hopefully attached are the pictures of what I did. One shows the dimensions for cutting the hole and the others show how i made a cover for the hole. I just use gaffa tape to hold the cover in place as I plan on fitting a rubber mat to the rear of the landy when funds allow.

I have uploaded the pics to an album in my forum gallery so if the link doesn't work just go to my profile, and look for my albums.

i dont want to teach grandma to suck eggs,

is the fuel filter blocked?

i take it there is fuel in it as you have now managed to start it.

i would check injector washers next and then do a leak off test on the injector system

is it running correct fuel pressure?

Excellent Simon -thank you.

Two questions:

any noticeable affects from cutting the brace? Looking at this pictures I found - I would guess not:

http://www.briandorey.com/docs/defender-crossmember-replacement/11-floor-supports-fitted.jpg

And, any measurements from the side ? To place it across the width of the floor ?

Thank you

Yep that would be a useful measurement wouldn't it! It's 12" from the near side edge of the tub floor to the edge of the cut out. And i haven't noticed any difference in the floor since cutting the brace, with the hatch back in you wouldn't know any difference.