Anyone live near......

skauldy

Hi folks,

Does anyone live close to 42A Hartley Avenue, Liverpool, Merseyside, L9 7DB. This guy is selling some LR parts on eBay but is insisting I send the money as a gift. Few alarm bells are going off but I'm desperate for the parts as I have been searching for ages.

If anyone lives near buy would you mind swinging bye if its not too much hassle and see if there is a black def 90 CSW that is rear ended in the yard. I'll send you some beer tokens by PayPal gift :)

Shane

He's trying to avoid the paypal fees isn't he..... Perhaps more cheeky than dodgy ?

That said you want to be sure you don't exclude yourself from papypal / eBay protection and I think to send as a gift you have to do it outside of the eBay buying process ....

What parts do you need ? Might someone in here have them ?

I offered to pay his PayPal fee and he's still pushing. Now he says I must wait until the funds have cleared until he releases. Usually I would walk away at this stage but been looking for months for the parts and my rebuild is on hold until I get them. I need a roof with alpine windows and station wagon sides. I put up a post a few times but no replies.

I'd back out.

Reading through I would share this feeling, forgive me for being over cautious but by paying his paypal fees he is no worse off than paypal gift or cash in his hand. All it changes is the protection you have so whats his reason for being so hard over on paypal gift?

Fecking knew it!!!! Found out you could do a reverse image search and the jeep this guy is breaking is for sale in Essex. He cropped the image tight and I put the two of them side by side and they are the exact same. Reflection on bodywork, location of writing on tyre walls. There's even the same white dot on the lawn.

Precisely .....

It might seem like a delay to wait - but I expect it'd be a bigger delay to be ripped off for £300.

If he was a decent seller surely he'd care about your buying experience and be working to give you a bit of confidence.

Similarly - thinking about it ...why use eBay if your not prepared to pay the fees. Is it a sign of generally being dodgy ?

It seems to read a bit like he knows your desperate and is using that to his advantage.

He doesn't have any seller feedback either, total feedback of 15 and ebay states he has been a member since the 19th of November 2013, he's used a member name that makes you think he's been around much longer

Walking away is the right thing to do.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=frosty2006uk&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Nothing worse then the buying blinkers on.

Think we have all been there buddy.

I recently traveled 85Kms to go pick up a steering damper as the guy advertised it for RRC/D1 and showed a picture of it too, got there and it was pin and eye not pin pin as I needed which means it was a Defender item, could have been my fault as I didn't ask specifically if it was pin pin but the picture shown on the add was!

Always best to get conformation first when the parts are not local, or if like me I'm not fluent enough in Dutch to ask specific questions.