Refurbishing seat box compartments

While doing other jobs to refurbish my 1990 110 200Tdi Defender, I've been having a look at the seat box compartments.

The one under the drivers seat is rusting away quicker than an Alfa Sud so will need replacement, I was going to just do a like for like replacement but as it is a smaller box than the battery box is it possible to get a larger version for more storage space?

The battery box is fine, no real signs of corrosion however it does have 3 large holes that were for wiring grommets. There is no wiring going through these holes so I want to blank them off, with all this rain and flooding I tend to find a puddle of water sitting in the bottom. I'm struggling to find a supplier of the right size...done internet searches etc etc...even looked on the Halfords website, so can anyone suggest a supplier of the right size 35/36mm rubber blanking plugs

Margarine pot lid with some adhesive sealant works fine.

I'd be suprised if fleebay didn't reveal a correct side blank grommet by the way. large ones aren't cheap, but I remeber looking for some 40-50mm ones not long ago, and I found some.

Mav

Instead of grommets, duct tape both sides after you've cleaned it with thinners. Or if you're feeling really extravagant use Gorilla Tape... don't expect to get it off though :D Cheaper than grommets and easy to find....... or..... the side of an old wellie......

I'll get my coat.....................