everyone needs inspiring

studmuffin

One of my best mates has twin boys aged 15. One likes computers, the other wants to be a mechanic.

All Landy people have 3 of everything, so I decided to have a clear out of tools to donate to each of his kids.

So far they have: various screwdrivers, pipe-grips, pliers, wire strippers, claw hammer, rubber mallet, 2 soldering irons, Stanley knife, junior hacksaw,G clamp,continuity tester, allen keys, various spanners, adjustable spanner. That's just the shed - I havn`t started on the garage yet.

The look on their faces was priceless.

So - give the kids the tools to inspire them. In twenty years time they are going to be the people running Series, Defefenders etc...

Barry

For my 3rd Birthday, my Aunty gave me a 14oz Stanley hammer! Look how that turned out!

Actually it got me expelled from my Nursery school for smuggling it in and trying to dismantle the Piano with it! It made a much better noise with the hammer than the keys!

Why don't you give them a Raspberry Pi and suggest they build a robot between them? Capitalise on each of their interests!

Si

I gave a teenage nephew who expressed an interest in becoming a mechanic a couple of broken diffs, some failed halfshafts, layshafts, mainshafts,a few bits of rusty chassis sections etc.

Whilst he still desires to be a mechanic, that collection of bits has "Inspired" him never, ever to become a Landrover owner.(sarc)

I gave a teenage nephew who expressed an interest in becoming a mechanic a couple of broken diffs, some failed halfshafts, layshafts, mainshafts,a few bits of rusty chassis sections etc.

Whilst he still desires to be a mechanic, that collection of bits has "Inspired" him never, ever to become a Landrover owner.(sarc)

But at least it cleared you garden Bill :ph34r: