Diff lock - no selector protection

Afternoon Fellow handy landiers!

So i have been rebuilding a 110 with 300tdi/ R380. Whilst fiddling last night i noticed there seems to be no system (that is normally present) to stop you being changing into non difflock and difflock whilst in a high/low range i.e. normally you must be in neutral to change across to the difflock side (following the path of the letter “H” follow where as i can all paths like letter “B”). I can select all 4 combinations (low and high range in non&diff lock) without issue. Additionally my difflock light is always on. (goes off if i pull the cable).

Has anyone else experienced similar issue? Any solution much appreciated..?

Thanks

Duncan

fiddling last night i noticed that I can select

difflock lights dont always go off immediately, it may take a little bit of movement through the gearbox before it goes off. im guessing you cant drive it atm to check this so maybe jack a corner up and spin a wheel to see if the light gos.

mine doesnt ever turn on!!! i only know that it works from the may times of driving 2 wheel drive after snapping a propshaft

Thanks for the responses - good news as one less thing to fix! Clearly i was mistaken as i had a td5 a few years back and was sure your couldnt slide across whilst in H or L. Anyway so what happens if you accidently knock into difflock whilst moving - does it cause damage?

Cheers

With yours appearing stuck in diff lock, can you clarify if that is just sat on the drive or when moving? Sometimes you need to reverse a little or spin the wheels a little if on a slippy surface once you have disengaged the difflock via the lever to actually get it to disengage. It might not do it if you are sat moving the lever on the drive, hence the light stays on.