Gantry plan for roof

Gazzar

have always wanted to run a single longitudinal beam the length of my workshop, to work in conjunction with the ramp it would make life so nice. (being a 4 poster i cant really use an engine hoist with it)

I'm limited with height on this version of the workshop, building regs and all that. Though, if it works ok I'll apply for planning to raise the roof by 1.5 m. I'll be able to use the gantry pads as places for the acroprops when I jack it.

But I need a shed soonest - I've a lightweight to build!

G.

So is that a rafter with a mount for the longitudinal beam on it?

I've been considering lifting arrangements in my new shed, thinking of just building a simple I-beam frame with temporary acro-prop supports for when I'm using it, which can be removed at other times.

That looks pretty hefty :)

No, it's only a little I beam - the 127 wide stuff. Mickey mouse, but all that I can fit on the site.

G.

So is that a rafter with a mount for the longitudinal beam on it?

I've been considering lifting arrangements in my new shed, thinking of just building a simple I-beam frame with temporary acro-prop supports for when I'm using it, which can be removed at other times.

Exactly.

G.

Thanks G!

The guy doing the work is very good, this is chicken feed for him. Trouble is he's very busy (gets distracted) so I had to help him out, which I enjoyed to be honest: Punch machines, guillotines, band saws!

Might be collecting Tuesday.

G.