Landrover Discovery 2004 Td5 Fuel Leak

kaijun

Hi,

My LR got fuel leak near the rear wheel of the driver side. After I park the car, I see a clear dripping from fuel filter and the fuel filter is wet. A spoon of fuel stain is left on my drive way. Any idea of where the fault is and possible to repair with limited tools on my own?

Thanks in advance!

Kai

Kai,

Check the tightness in the fuel filter first. It may be worthwhile replacing it. If not the fuel filter, it may be the housing which can become porous or a slight leak on the fuel lines. I'd clean and dry everything in that area to see if you can pinpoint the leak

Kai,

Check the tightness in the fuel filter first. It may be worthwhile replacing it. If not the fuel filter, it may be the housing which can become porous or a slight leak on the fuel lines. I'd clean and dry everything in that area to see if you can pinpoint the leak

Hi Divster,

Thanks, I also see wet areas underneath the engine and on the upper part of its connected transmission axis (a big part). It looks like fuel or oil spilled out.

Four black lines between the engine(?) and fuel tank are dry, which are routed at the driver side. I know a green line is high pressure fuel line, I don't know if it is one of them or somewhere else. I am not sure if it is the same fault or another one.

There is a fuel pipe which goes from a connector on the inside of the rear chassis to the fuel tank. They are really common for failure. Main dealers will know exactly what pipe you need its so common. As for the engine leak it is almost always the fuel pressure regulator which is situated on the cylinder head at the back on the drivers side. If you take the top engine cover off you can see it clearly. The diesel runs down the engine and picks up oil on the way so its hard to tell what fluid it is.