Leaking oil / fluid?

It does look like oil - but 'oil' can be not what you think, and can also be carried to odd places by the airflow created from normal driving.

My 90TD5 had earlier in the year what I thought was a large oil-leak from somewhere in the gearbox/transfer-box area, though the levels in the boxes were not falling.

Turned out that the 'oil' was actually dried and congealed Diesel that was dribbling down from a failed fuel-pressure-regulator and getting blown along the transmission by everyday aerodynamic-drafts.

The most common failures are rear output seal - behind the HB drum , and less easy to fix , the o ring on the intermediate TB shaft .

this is just partially visible to the front face of the TB between the rhs of the gearbox and the front housing of the TB . A really good clean and a healthy

smear of sump sealer sometimes stops it . Easiest with the drivers floor and gearbox tunnel out of the way

hth

Steveb

Could also be either the input seal on the transfer box or the output seal of the gearbox, there is a little drain hole to allow leaked oil out. I had a similar leak that actually turned out to be a failed oil pump on the R380 gearbox.

Once you clean it upand it leaks again check whether the oil smells like EP90 or not that should help you work out if transfer box or gearbox.