AllMakes - Good Old Fashioned Values

Shackleton

Remember that episode I had a while back with just brutal customer service from one of the independents... well I just found the yin to that guy's yang.

Maybe 800 miles ago my D2 got new +2 Terrafirma shocks all round. If the H/G hadn't blown leaving the car sitting up for the few weeks it has been, I would have never have noticed the wet patch that had the chance to gather under the rear O/S wheel... one of the shocks was leaking. My D2 is a road car, and nothing untoward had happened to jeopardise the shock.

Long story short I ended up calling AllMakes head office in the UK as my supplier is nearly 50 miles away and I wasn't happy to make numerous trips and wait three weeks in the interim while the part was shipped back to the UK for appraisal before I could be issued a new one.

The fellow I was greeted by on the phone was not only professional and knowledgeable, but he was courteous and genuinely cared about my faith in both Terrafirma and AllMakes.

That's just good business, but as we all experience more and more these days, many businesses are run by people who don't know/care/believe in those sorts of business concepts.

So I figured I'd share.

As I told the people at AllMakes this morning in an appreciative email, regardless of how the shocks fair in the longterm (I'm sure there'll be opinions here on that), my appreciation for the personal touch I've received from AllMakes will mean I'll be back to them whenever possible. :)

That's good to hear: when someone asks me about different suppliers/brands of parts I am happy to recommend those I've found good but when it comes to the less-than-satisfactory ones rather than badmouthing them in public, a stony silence is all it takes - specially in these American-style litigious times.

I've never had a problem with Allmakes stuff: indeed, i've just used a set of their "Coopers/FIIAM" filters when doing a fluids-change on my TD5.

I'd agree that it is so refreshing when dealing with a business to get a professional and knowledgable person answering the phone. I've recently had a number of conversations with the people at R-Techwelding and have been dead impressed with them, so much so that I've already given them repeat business (much to the bank managers dismay :P ) :)

Yep, I've a bunch of their stuff between my two jammers. Nothing to report. Put their pads on the D2 all round a few months back and they seem great, but then my outgoing brakes couldn't have been any worse :)

I think I've found another great supplier, he's much further afield but if he comes through they way I expect he will, I think both he and his product will be a big hit with us lot in the UK and Eire. Will tell all as soon as I have something in my hand I can take pics of :ph34r:

Sorry to hear that Ron. I suppose some mistakes are bound to happen, but in AllMakes defence, resellers always blame their suppliers for bungled orders. Did you get sorted?

Speaking of AllMakes, who's the mole? (you know what I'm talking about) :D

• 2 years later...