Dislocated Springs during MOT - Failed!

Hi

Quite funny really, just carried out a full engine conversion from a 200tdi to a BMW 6 cyl Petrol, so of all the things it could of failed on it failed on the springs popping out during the test. Normally they lift on the axle but they now lift on the chassis! They failed it because the springs didn't relocate when they dropped it back down.

Non of this bothers me and I'm quite happy fixing it as it is a pain, this just forces me to sort it! I would like some advice though!

I have 2013 Defender HD suspension which lifts the car fractionally (used to have +2 springs which i didn't like). I also have pro-comp +2" shocks and extended brake lines.

Now I only greenlane the car and i plan to take it to places where real roads are a rarity, I don't do anything hardcore. So I have thought of a few options

A) Go back to standard shocks to limit the travel

B) tether the springs to the tops (any recommendations, would this defeat the point in the pro-comps?)

C) change the shocks for standard length HD versions from some manufacturer?

D) Dislocation cones

Thoughts on the above? I'm edging towards the "limit the travel" approach as I have heard this can provide stability benefits

Thanks

Adam

Agree, I do need to sort the relocation issue, the flex is handy sometimes but I doubt i'll get into situations where it'll become a huge issue.

Is there anything more erm, fancy then just using cable ties or jubilee clips to retain them, can you buy a clamp or something?

In times past, "Series" LRs had webbing straps fitted to control the extent of 'droop' of the axle - restraining it before the shock-absorbers were bottoming-out.

Perhaps you could adopt something similar?

It's extremely non-conducive-to-their-long-life to have shock-absorbers controlling the ultimate limits of suspension-travel whether in compression or rebound.

Hmm, food for thought. I know my rears dislocate and need a gentle tap to sit squarely back in the seat...ok on the move as undoubtedly they will go back in...but on a ramp I'm not too sure. Reckon I'll just stick a set of cones on it anyway.