Supercharged Rover V8

And however cool that maybe... I hate saying it but you think maybe he has too much power? :-o Did you ask how much it cost? I have read topics with people saying you don't see much change from 12-15k. I reckon I could sc the rover for 2.5-3k.

Jad

As a question, why were you looking at a centrifugal charger specifically Jad? I've read back over it a bit, but I'm a little the worse for wear this morning so I might have missed it. What's the reason for not having it in the valley? Boothy's setup looks like it's pretty perfect for your application, and doesn't sound like it broke the bank.

I don't have that many good reasons... Lol the kit I was looking at is a centrifugal. I believe they are more efficient and it also allows for the fitment of an intercooler more easily. Allowing the engine to be less stressed or run higher boost.

Jad

And however cool that maybe... I hate saying it but you think maybe he has too much power? :-o Did you ask how much it cost? I have read topics with people saying you don't see much change from 12-15k. I reckon I could sc the rover for 2.5-3k.

Jad

What is this "too much" you speak of? :huh: He said they dyno'd it after removing the california-spec emissions setting from the ECU and 'cos of the back-to-front exhaust and it was making 478 horsies.

Cost wise he said it was around 4k, not sure if dollars or pounds, and if that included the box or not, I didn't give him the spanish inquisition as you can spend $2,000 or $20,000 on an engine, it's kinda academical, it was more the fact it fitted in there so nicely without cutting.

Back on the target track;

The RPI warning about superchargers has been round for at least 10 years, more like 15 if not more. It's a valid point, but how relevant it is to all supercharger installations or just one specific ill-conceived kit is perhaps open to debate. There's plenty of supercharged RV8's out there which don't explode. Interesting note I found was that some s/c's are cooled and lubricated by the fuel and don't work if you fit them running "dry" with injectors after them.