Could they hash up a pulley?

Nigelw

most likely the cast of just defenders and series on facebook.

i dont go on there but am always shown posts of poeple asking the most stupid of questions, some as a joke some for real, but its the "serious" replies that are the most funny.

they definately seem the sort to not blink an eye to blue boxes!

I have to confess that i took a chance on a BP crank pulley when i managed to chip mine at the last timing belt change. I only did it because i found one at £30 on ebay which saved me £40 on a genuine one. Plus, all of the pictures i could find were of these pressed steel versions now - even genuine.

The pulley is fine, lighter than the original, but does the job ok.

Never thought i would say that about a blue box item! I need to go and lie down...

sometimes they send decent stuff... sometimes.

I don't like Britpart and I don't like Bearmach because of the bad quality of their parts.

But a couple of years ago I ordered a brand new Santana serie 3 LHD steering box in the UK for my Landrover serie 2a.

The Santana box was cheaper then a Landrover box and when it arrived it was wrapped in Britpart Labelled wrapping.

When complaining to the supplier I was told it was new old stock and definitely a genuine article.

It's been doing great since I put it in the truck with no play or leaking yet.

And this 2a is my daily drive and does 100Km every day on B roads with lots of turns.

I also have some new old stock genuine LT76 bearings supplied by Britpart.

So it is true. Sometimes they have decent stuff...... But it will take some searching.

Eric.

Genuine part is also of the lightweight pressed steel variety it seems, it is rather more tempting to have a pulley custom made out of a billet but think it would cost a couple hundred euro.

Speaking of parts coming blue boxed, Adwest steering boxes come in blue boxes these days, from a multitude of suppliers unless you buy direct from Adwest.