TD5 ecu fail

10635774_818589744870600_801107262540370hh

This is a pic of the insides of my 2004 td5 defender's ecu nnn500020. i have it 6 years. It failed while on its first school run(in protest).is it common for the ecu to fail. Does anyone know if its for the bin or can it be refixed. I can post it anywhere they would repair it.

They are not overly reliable, I've replaced quite a few over the years,probably easiest to buy a s/h one from Ebay and code it in if you don't want a shock for the price of a new one...

Tamar electronics are the company I would trust to have it fixed.

It's not that common... but does happen.

Looking at it I'd say it was too far gone to be cost effective. Replacement would be the better option.

I can sort a replacement if needed.

You need another NNN500020 - Doesn't matter if from a Defender or Discovery as can be reprogrammed to suit.

Ian

It's not that common... but does happen.

Looking at it I'd say it was too far gone to be cost effective. Replacement would be the better option.

I can sort a replacement if needed.

You need another NNN500020 - Doesn't matter if from a Defender or Discovery as can be reprogrammed to suit.

Ian

Yea i could do with a replacement ,a new one is proving expensive this time of year. does it matter to you that i am across the pond. Let me know if i am to far away. I can wire on or use the card to cover the cost/down payment.

Keith