Help me choose/build a LandRover?

Turbocharger

I agree you like what you like and you can make a 90 work with a family (we do) but you will need to consider some sort of extra storage roof box/trailer.

I have my ibex 300 I love the look the wife hates it but we both agree it's right inside for our needs (she's a tolarent wife).

Mike

Several of you mentioned front-facing rear seats but I have a cage in the rear. I need to see which galv chassis companies will add cage mounts, ideally so I can move the rear stays onto the wheelboxes and through onto the ends of the rear crossmember. Then I need to find (several weekends or) a rebuilder who I trust enough to give my truck to!

When I purchased my galv chassis, I called around the various companies and Richards were the only ones able to make the changes I wanted/fit roll cage mounts.

Marsland - Happy to provide additional parts but won't weld them on prior to going for galvanising. Welding a new galvanised chassis myself seemed silly.

Designa Chassis - Never answered the phone.

Richards - Happy to modify whatever I wanted and provided a very competitive price after a bit of bartering.

All in all I am very pleased with Richards and would happily use them again. There was a guy in the next door unit that was doing chassis swaps on their behalf also.

HTH

hi maybe im being biast as i have a 200 disco but ive had series 2a i built from ground up lots of defenders ,few discos but i love the 200 discos theyre cheap ,not for long tho i think theyll rise as people get older want a bit of comfort , and im my book they are just as capable off road as the defender ,stronger proper safe seats for the family ,ok there is rust but they all go in the same place as far as ive seen once its done you have an awsome truck... and the 200 chassis is v strong ,mine is a bit of a toy but i use it every day and love driving it and it doesnt owe me 3 k try getting a tidy defender for that