Insurance time again - yawn yawn

studmuffin

OK I now this comes up regularly but my renewal with Markerstudy through Acadamy brokers are quoting 20% increase, and I ain`t paying it willingly. I only do 5K miles pa and I am over 60 so -----

Any suggestions who is doing a good deal ladies and gents????

Barry

Barry...

What premium are they quoting?

Mine (with Markerstudy) is £100 plus £10 'admin' fee from the broker - this is for fully comp on a limited mileage policy.

It allows for a host of modifications but the premium hasn't changed year on year - mine is arranged through A-Plan in Bletchley.

Hope this helps you find an alternative quote / better price...

Barry...

What premium are they quoting?

Mine (with Markerstudy) is £100 plus £10 'admin' fee from the broker - this is for fully comp on a limited mileage policy.

It allows for a host of modifications but the premium hasn't changed year on year - mine is arranged through A-Plan in Bletchley.

Hope this helps you find an alternative quote / better price...

They quoted £315 fully comp protected SD&P&commuting for a 2000 TD5 90 Station Wagon with 5K miles pa.with just side

side steps as a mod.

Had a small accident the year before and Lancaster were a nightmare!!9 years protected and I live in a low risk post code and I am 63 years old! Go figure

Barry

You couldn't write it!

I tried Peter James and they quoted me £232 which I thought was on a par with last years premium, so I accepted it.

Got the cover note today and..... you guessed it- It is with Markerstudy, the same company who insured me last year!!! Go figure

Barry

NFU are not cheap but are almost a joy to deal with when done through the local office. No being on hold, no 0898 numbers, no extra fees if you need to make a mid-term amendment, helpful and friendly, will mirror your bonus on a second/third vehicle...

Chris