South West Challenge 4

JST

I admit i am a computer mong, check results again, thank you Mark and Steve for your emails and honesty, you gonna give Jase your prizes????

Jase - well done mate, you won Mod class!!!!

Sorry for the mistakes.

i,m i reading this right james or is it a wind up ??????????

Steve - because they turned up today and event was err... yesterday!

I apologise for the mistake, i double checked all the punch cards and that the correct punches had been allocated on the spreadsheet to the relevant vehicle. i didnt manually check the sums and it was wrong, for some reason Steve and Marks total result was ref to another page, i dotn know why, all other results are checked and correct.

Mark - sorry coudlnt do the wind up on Jase ( i still need to scorpion his wings)

Yeah well done guys, you deserve it. But just you wairt till next time. No more alcohol for us the night before from now on.... :blink:

Ehh humm!!!!

I happen to operate perfectly fine with a hangover, Infact sometime's I work better that way!

As for you, We'll let you av half a shandy then your off for an early night! :D

The next one Mark I recon all the drinking will be done after , Any chance of bringing some of Mrs Morgans home made Cider ;)

Does It help you to see in the dark coz if it does I will have it before the event :D

James , Just out of interest , Punch 34 where was it as nobody in Mod got it , But somebody did in the other class , Bet it was Russ and Lewis .

And punch number 7 Was by far the easiest one , Just reversed in clicked and out Lardy didnt even get out . Just goes to show its not how hard they can be its finding them :ph34r: We got full marks for that one 200 pts .

i stand corrected on punch 34, noo body got it, i looked quickly last night and thought all the punches ahd been got, but when picking them up this morning there were no tyre tracks to 34, it was 2 up the gulley from the one with the fallen tree you had to winch the back end over, again a drive in punch, just not found (although need a winch to get back up the river bank to get out - or i would of anyway)

We got 2/3rds into getting punch 13 but sufferd fuel starvation due to the angle we were on so we cut and run , didnt fanc :( y getting stranded down in that gulley ,

We were saving punch 5 until last but looks like you guys had the same idea and beat us to it.

To be honest I looked at punch 5 and thought it was gona be a simple drive down bank, cross brook, drive/maybe winch up gully, punch then back out! It was a lot narrower than I thought and the ground was real soft on the right which made me lean into the overhanging bank. I tried to just push through but the soil was making the windscreen bow in so we had to pull off the cage and get the right hand wheels off the ground then winch to the punch! wasn't a huge problem but very deceptive!

Superb event, James did a great job of laying out the punches - well positioned and balanced for vehicle/driver capability, excellent use of the Bampton site. Sam and myself thoroughly enjoyed outselves, particularly the punch in the gully with almost shear sides, one of the punches we got right! Congratulations to Steve & Mark and Jase, your scores are outstanding. Sam getting a prize for dirties WB was a bonus, personally I thought he was pretty clean compared with previous outings, you should have seen when he was winched out of an Irish bog couple of years back! :D Will certainly be making an appearance at future SWC events, hopefully I will be able to persuade a few more Jeeps to come along.

Mike C

Well done James and the Marshalls for another great FSWC!

A bit more rain and a little less traction please for next time - this weekend was far too tame :blink: .

I thought the punches were pretty evil this time out - my soft skinned lardy Rangie certainly didn't like the look of a lot of them! Far too many trees! :hysterical:

Still had a thoroughly enjoyable day - got a few punches and tested out the new Bowmotor a tad :ph34r: .

Great to see the usual suspects out and about, although I haven't decided if Mr Farmer was shivering from the cold or DT's at lunchtime...... :)

Thanks to Mark for the biatching duties and to Jim for the lunch. :i-m_so_happy:

OT- Tim (TJ101) isn't your offside front on back to front?

Cracking day out for me- lots of things to watch- weather stayed nice(ish)- Must say thanks to Paul C for lending of truck- most appreciated and i only got stuck once which was nice.

I have a great vid here of Mike C in his J**P destroying some of Bamptons finest woodland- where can i host it?