Dino Wheeling Pics

DiscoDino

Here are some pics of several outings we've done in the past week in the Automn terrain of Lebanon (mud is getting REALLY bad!). We have one more scheduled on Wednesday (hopefully on snow)…I have a lot more pics and MPEGs, will post up when I get to the US (broadband)

Muddy ditch...flex getting better...

IMG_1116.sized.jpg

IMG_1117.sized.jpg

IMG_1118.sized.jpg

IMG_1119.sized.jpg

IMG_1120.sized.jpg

IMG_1121.sized.jpg

IMG_1122.sized.jpg

Underdrive & Auto is sweet...

IMG_1128.sized.jpg

Sweet climb...(MPEG of this is really nice...practically crawled up it)

DSC00615.sized.jpg

DSC00617.sized.jpg

Some more...

DSC00646.sized.jpg

DSC00650.sized.jpg

DSC00691.sized.jpg

DSC00693.sized.jpg

Mud got worse, and we weren't able to get out of the ditch...it was getting dark, so quick winch helped

DSC00695.sized.jpg

No puny alum side panels!

DSC00697.sized.jpg

DSC00699.sized.jpg

Buddy's 'Moged YJ had trouble there, and lost a bead...

DSC00703.sized.jpg

DSC00710.sized.jpg

Used the winch to reseat the 44" Bogger on the crappy rims...ARB pump came to the rescue...found out it was useless carrying a scuba tank when it is empty!

DSC00713.sized.jpg

Thanks guys...

Tomorrow Having a snow run & will be washing it FULLY CLEAN and then storing it for 10 months...

That's the sad part...in the meantime, working on having it shipped to the US to stay with me for 5 years...

All comments (positive and even better, negative) are welcome!

Cheers...

Nadim

Tomorrow Having a snow run & will be washing it FULLY CLEAN and then storing it for 10 months...

That's the sad part...in the meantime, working on having it shipped to the US to stay with me for 5 years...

Oooo, that'll be fun! I can imagine trying to ship anything from Lebonan to the US must be fun at the moment! :ph34r:

I take it you're relocating to the States, then?

are those tyres Pitbulls?

how are you finding them- there seems to be a bit of hype over them at the moment but what has your experience been?

do they self clear as well as your buddys boggers?

lovely truck though. why did you go with the huge forward pointing "A-bar" at the front? battering ram?

lovely truck though. why did you go with the huge forward pointing "A-bar" at the front? battering ram?

I assume that's it's the same principle as US rock crawlers where they use a stinger. It's used when you are coming off rocks or down a steep incline. The stinger touches first and stops the truck digging the nose in or going AOT until the tyres get grip. I've seen them used for going up almost vertical rock faces too, they use the stinger to lift the front of the truck up until the tyres touch.

It must be a 'mines bigger than yours' thing now though, as each year they keep getting bigger and bigger, Dinos is small in comparison to some ;););):ph34r:

Steve

Thanks guys...

Yep 42" IROK, great in everything except the muddiest of mud...that's when I miss my 35x11.5 ETs, but that tire size is tiny now...so 42"s would have to do...better than boggers when used correctly, however, with a very, VERY healthy engine, the boggers can take you everywhere (if your drivetrain can handle it)

Stinger used for safety as already said.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys...

Yep 42" IROK, great in everything except the muddiest of mud...that's when I miss my 35x11.5 ETs, but that tire size is tiny now...so 42"s would have to do...better than boggers when used correctly, however, with a very, VERY healthy engine, the boggers can take you everywhere (if your drivetrain can handle it)

Stinger used for safety as already said.

Enjoy!

hehhehehe Dino with the 35" no way :):lol::lol::lol: