Homemade cheapo beadlocks

o_teunico

A bit more too it.... they used to run setups like this for the 4wd comps here, they used to use self tappers into the bead along with glue but with alot more bolts lol that doesn't look like it would stop dirt from pushing the bead in

Haven't seen it done in yrs. noticed a few references on pirate to it but no pic's to prove it lol

I did this to to of my rims (front ones) last weekend. I used 25x4.5 mm selftappers but it took some time to put in 30 screews pr. side of the wheel! :-)

I used a small lake to spot the air leaks and ran it yesterday on the road with 3 bar and no problems. I am looking forward to try it in the mud though..

Mads

There are 2 options with this: you either screw them in the bead of the tyre or, you screw them in just behind the bead to stop the bead popping of the rim. This used to be done with race cars and the carting crowd still do it. Usually tapped holes in the alloy wheel for bolts with a sealing washer. The last option obviously does not stop the tyre rotating on the rim, but it means you don't damage the tyre. sealing does look like challenge with both methods!

As an aside, has anyone tried glueing the tyres to the rim? This seems to get used in the States and Russia with reasonable results.

Daan

There are 2 options with this: you either screw them in the bead of the tyre or, you screw them in just behind the bead to stop the bead popping of the rim. This used to be done with race cars and the carting crowd still do it. Usually tapped holes in the alloy wheel for bolts with a sealing washer. The last option obviously does not stop the tyre rotating on the rim, but it means you don't damage the tyre. sealing does look like challenge with both methods!

As an aside, has anyone tried glueing the tyres to the rim? This seems to get used in the States and Russia with reasonable results.

Daan

When I eventually get my Disco steels off to be banded I will be trying the gluing with Tec7(same as Sikaflex in UK).

I couldnĀ“t attend, so have not seen the real thing, just the pics that a member from the local 4x4 club sent me.

For me they seem the the type of self tappers used in steel roofs for industrial buildings, those that have a rubber seal on them.

tornillo-acero-inoxidable-autorroscantes