replacement td5 turbo

If it is truly 'remanufactured', then the price is good. Remanufactured can be used in ways that lead you to believe that it's as good as new, but dodgy characters use that word for a bit of a clean up and a paint job. The seller is listed as a business, so trace that and look for comments on the net before perhaps wasting your money.

Les.

Good shout, thanks Les.

I've looked them up, and they seem to be very professional, with a good reputation. There's a £100 surcharge, and the old unit needs to go to their plant in Latvia, but the new units are packaged up in Lewes, so about 5 mins away from me! I've asked them if I can collect, and pay cash. Fingers crossed.

I think once you've factored in a remap and the pump work to take advantage of it, a vnt is going to be about 5 times the price of a £200 remanufactured job... I'd love to be wrong about that though! There's the possibility that it'll be getting a remap in the near future anyway, but I'm fairly certain that we won't be able to stretch to a vnt and the rest as well, more's the pity.

I think once you've factored in a remap and the pump work to take advantage of it, a vnt is going to be about 5 times the price of a £200 remanufactured job... I'd love to be wrong about that though! There's the possibility that it'll be getting a remap in the near future anyway, but I'm fairly certain that we won't be able to stretch to a vnt and the rest as well, more's the pity.

Pump work? What pump work

• 3 weeks later...

@ hangover

Is that a strait bolt on an drive? How did you bypass the electronics on the turbo?

I know every one is concerned about remapping the ECU, is it that critical? I am asking this because my forte is not tuning things up everyday.

You are not increasing the boost pressure and if it does I can not see it being much, I do see that the VNT will easily supply the full boost from much lower rpm and think the ECU would cope with this.....or am I completely of the mark??