puma bonnet query. ..

Thanks. ... question two is. Do they even offer a puma without ac??.... which would answer the question another way. ... I've seen puma bonnets on defenders with the standard grill and tbh it looks carp.... as the bonnet is clearly longer. ...

Yes to Puma without air con, that would be a standard UK base spec vehicle, but looking on LR's own website, looks as though the 'air cond' grille is used on all Defenders regardless if AC is fitted or not.

Puma vehicle & previous model below, it's the grille surround that makes the bonnet look longer, at the inner edges of headlight surrounds both look the same to me.

post-20-0-94313300-1436646439_thumb.jpg

if a puma owner could measure their bonnet from rear edge to bottom of front edge avioding the 'hump' , I'll do the same tomorrow 7 we'll know if they are the same or not.

as promised, measured my '89 110's bonnet from the inside of left hinge to front edge, see pics below :i-m_so_happy:

post-20-0-00811100-1436693228_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-70724800-1436693237_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-52509200-1436693279_thumb.jpg

Puma bonnets are exactly the same width and length as the Stage 1 V8 and Defender bonnets. They just have higher sides and the bulge. There is only one Puma bonnet, regardless of aircon. It is only the insert that supports the grille that varies - the aircon models have a GRP panel that pushes the grille forward to make way for the a/c condenser and fans, while the basic spec models have a flat ali panel. They are quickly interchngeable with a handful of bolts, and the grilles and headlight surrounds are identical.