Rear shock absorber

Hi all new to the forum and new to owning a Landrover. Have got myself an old 90 that has already had some kit fitted to it including a 2inch lift using super gaz suspension.

Can anybody tell me if the shock absorbers are mounted in the right place as I have been told by somebody they are too far forward and need moving back closer to the Spring. There appears to be different holes that look like they could be fitted too. Thanks in advance

8439822F-8F6C-4694-951D-F41AA0F22E1B.jpg

Hi thanks for the reply yes this is what I got told by somebody locally. He reckons somebody must have put bigger springs on without upgrading shocks so bolted the standards one In that position to stop them fully extending and then put new ones on in the same place.

Do you know if it will alter anything or cause any damage if it is left like this until I get a chance to get it sorted?

should be bolted in the holes ringed in orange, which would make the bracket sit more upright & closer to the spring top mount.

Thanks for you help mate that's what I was leaning towards when it was pointed out to me.

Do you know if running them like this is 'bad' in anyway?

as standard the rear dampers work in a arc anyway, yours are just at more of a angle, probably won't do any harm to the dampers, don't know why the previous owner has bothered to do that to the mounts for a 2 inch lift. IIRC 3 inch or more need damper relocation brackets &/or longer dampers.

From what I was told it was the original shocks that were put like that and then not put back when these shocks were put on at a later date. From what you guys are saying I guess it started out with bigger springs and not the shocks to accompany it so the standards were relocated. Sounds a bit of a bodge way to do things but I'll get them sorted ASAP.