My twin is for sale on eBay!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161793135156&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

Just saw this on ebay and even though mine is now irish registeted, i immediately knew it was from the same fleet as mine, which I found strangely thrilling! Sad eh?

I just dug out the old Land Rover extended warranty card which I knew had the UK Reg number on it- just one letter different from the eBay truck! More unusual thrills!

This got me to thinking that originally mine must have had the 4 seat configuration and lo and behold, the holes to mount the bench are present.

My log book states the truck has only 2 seats, making it no good to me as my daily runaround, but I'm wondering now as it had more seats originally i could claim 'grandfather rights' and reinstall them without having to get engineers reports etc (adding rear seats to vans in Ireland is a nono, you have to re register as a Crew cab and would need side doors and a bulkhead etc)

So, after much rambling I'm not really sure what I'm getting at here... :D

Does anybody else own an ex Northern Gas and Electric 110? What was that box in the back with the flammable sticker for? I have exhaust vents in mine so it must have had the box too.

Also, is the eBay truck really worth as much as 6 grand? No mot on it since Jan according to the database.

I've previously seen two "sister" Defenders of mine on ebay. Mine is XX22, they were XX23 and XX24. I messaged the owners and got a bit more info. I was glad to see mine was in the best condition

The best tip off I got was the oil refinery employee ID card I found inside the door. :D

This got me to thinking that originally mine must have had the 4 seat configuration and lo and behold, the holes to mount the bench are present.

My log book states the truck has only 2 seats, making it no good to me as my daily runaround, but I'm wondering now as it had more seats originally i could claim 'grandfather rights' and reinstall them without having to get engineers reports etc (adding rear seats to vans in Ireland is a nono, you have to re register as a Crew cab and would need side doors and a bulkhead etc)

I'm betting those rear seats are only to be used while the 110 is stationary and people are sitting in the back with a cup of tea or something. Surely by 2002 side facing bench seats would have had seat belts? Perhaps I'm just being a bit blind ...

I'm betting those rear seats are only to be used while the 110 is stationary and people are sitting in the back with a cup of tea or something. Surely by 2002 side facing bench seats would have had seat belts? Perhaps I'm just being a bit blind ...

That thought had crossed my mind, but then I couldn't remember if I'd seen td5 csws with sideways bench seats in the rear. Also I had it in my head the sideways seats were always 'belt exempt '.

I bought my current 90 back in 1996 from a good mate in Manchester. The two previous owners being my mate and the Welsh nature conservancy.

A quirk of circumstances meant I ended up married and living here in Wales with said 90, a few farms away from here is a 90, its registration is one digit different to mine (*)

Two previous owners, a guy in Manchester that I went to college with but lost touch with 30 years ago and the Welsh nature conservancy.

ah well..

(*) Before its cherished plate transfer

That thought had crossed my mind, but then I couldn't remember if I'd seen td5 csws with sideways bench seats in the rear. Also I had it in my head the sideways seats were always 'belt exempt '.

According to the interwebs it wasn't until 2007 that the front facing rear seat were introduced ..... Not sure if sideways were always exempt, perhaps someone like MickeyW would know better?

I bought my current 90 back in 1996 from a good mate in Manchester. The two previous owners being my mate and the Welsh nature conservancy.

A quirk of circumstances meant I ended up married and living here in Wales with said 90, a few farms away from here is a 90, its registration is one digit different to mine (*)

Two previous owners, a guy in Manchester that I went to college with but lost touch with 30 years ago and the Welsh nature conservancy.

ah well..

(*) Before its cherished plate transfer

Sounds like a conspiracy! Get a tin foil headlining!

According to the interwebs it wasn't until 2007 that the front facing rear seat were introduced ..... Not sure if sideways were always exempt, perhaps someone like MickeyW would know better?

I can find plenty of information on uk and irish law regarding camper van, but I'm guessing it's a very different story as there is no requirement for any seat belts in the rear on a pre 2007 vehicle. Fitted belts must be worn however.

Different kettle of fish I think.

Sounds like a conspiracy! Get a tin foil headlining!

Feels like it :-)

Thing is I suppose fleet releases are timed and vehicles like 90's possibly sell to people with similar interests so I suppose its not too unsurprising that these things happen.