Procomp ES9000

josecamorim

Hello

My name is José and i´m from Portugal.

I bought a SET OF 4 PRO COMP ES9000 +2" SHOCKS COMPLETE WITH X4 BRITPART YELLOW SPRINGS +1" from John Craddock.

Can anyone please tell me the aproximated the measures of the front and rear shocks compressed and extended???

And the standart ones??? Does anyone know the measures)

Tanks in advance,

José

Hello

I bought a SET OF 4 PRO COMP ES9000 +2" SHOCKS COMPLETE WITH X4 BRITPART YELLOW SPRINGS +1" from John Craddock.

Can anyone please tell me the aproximated the measures of the front and rear shocks compressed and extended???

Tanks in advance,

José

Jose

To be 100% sure Post up the shock part numbers (on bottom of shocks)

Nige

Hello

Tanks in advance,

José

In theory:

Front. measured from bade of pin to base of pin.

STD 21.5"

+2" 24.5"

Rear. measured from centre of eye to base of pin

STD 21.5"

+2" 24.5"

Where the base of pin is described as where the pin welds to the body of the shock

Hope that helps a little

David

Anyone know what the actual differences in damping are between the ES3000's and the ES9000's? ONe is "Cellular gas" and one is "nitrogen charged" but what difference does it actually make???

Jon

I think the biggest difference is in the 9000 having pressurised gas in them. If you compress a 3000 it stays shut, if you compress a 9000 it grows again to it's full length.

I do not know the difference in damping effect but would suggest with the wide range of valving ( automatically adjusts ) the damping of either is pretty much the same in use.

The idea of the pressureised gas is to keep the oil under control. If the oil inthem starts to get all frothy and over excited the pocket of gas at about 200psi will squash it back down into a liquid. That way the 9000 is a 'heavier duty' shock as it can cope with more excitemnet than the 300 that will just get all frothy and lose efficiency..

David

Sounds like a +3 rear, 24.8" extended and 15.4" compressed, centre of top eye to base of lower pin.

Hello,

Forgot to say....those are rear Shocks.

So: 92457 - Rear Shocks

92456 - Front Shocks.

I´m planning on to keep these shocks and mout twin shock absorbers...

Do you think i can use Procomp MX6-r front 20.50" extended and 13.40" compressed, and 26.50 extended and 17.00 compressed rear.

I will be using a Loop-to-Stem Shock Conversion Mount Kit as well. Convert most Pro Comp loop shocks to a 5/8 stem. Adds 1.5" to shock length. Should i change something on the rear suspension?

I will be using Polyurethane Extended Bump Stop with 2" and Heavy Duty Suspension Check Straps on the rear, both from mm4x4.

I´m running Britpart +1" Yellow springs.

Thanks guys,

Regards

José

No ideas guys???

Regards José

The simple answer is ' Yes, of course you can'...

What will a lot harder is getting the mounts for the second set made correctly so that they are fully compressed and fully extended at the same time as the original otherwise one way or the other you will get restricted travel....

Why do you want twin shocks?? It is only really at speed whilst racing offroad I have ever found one set unable to cope... under normal offroad / onraod use even when fully laden a single shock should do it.

David