is my defender ex-mil?

hi guys, a few people have asked if my landi is ex army, its been over painted with matt green and theres the same green under the white roof paint, the tyres that it came with were the same as used by the MOD and the only more solid info i have got is that "the cross member under the gearbox on army ones is bolted not welded" which mine is.

can anyone tell me something to look for that will give me a definetive yes/no answer?

frontline military 90/110 didn't have the headlight surrounds like civvy models, they had infr-red capable headlights & the 6 way main rotary lighting switch, it could be a rear echelon vehicle for admin use as they were usually totally civil spec vehcles, I had a civil spec 110 hardtop for aircraft recovery use when I was based at RAF Brawdy in the early 1990's, there was no military fittings on it.

MoD didn't have Tdis until the Wolf (300Tdi), and didn't have those doors until they got the "white fleet" much later than J-plate. The headlight surrounds could have been added, but the position of your light switch is civvy spec. So, no, not ex MoD.

its under the indicators

when was the hindged windsheild stopped? i was told that was a mil thing as well

Around the change from 200-300 Tdi (94-ish). Definitely not just MoD; they all had the same hinges/brackets. You need a muzzle for your source! ;)

MoD didn't have Tdis until the Wolf (300Tdi), and didn't have those doors until they got the "white fleet" much later than J-plate. The headlight surrounds could have been added, but the position of your light switch is civvy spec. So, no, not ex MoD.

As soon as I saw the Tdi sticker I thought the same thing! My ex-Singapore military 110 has lots of holes and fittings not found on civilian vehicles. There's just nothing on there that sets it apart from a civilian 110, though one photo is very little to go on!