A swivel housing parts problem

De Ranged

Right for those that have been following my Camper build this odd ball parts mix-up will make sense

I'm running a Disco 1 front axle with a landrover 4.7 diff and what a mate has refered to as Metric swivels from a RRC with 10 spline axles

Catch is my parts man (LR Spares) hasn't heard of the metric term in relation to the swivel housings and getting parts is proving to be a bit of a problem the latest one we can't find an answer for

In the swivel housing the spindle has a brass bush that the nose of the CV sits into.... in the PDF I've attached it is #20 but this shows a bearing and bush behind in mine its a single large bush can anyone give me a model number I can work too or do I have it right and the bush has been replaced ?

If it helps my swivel housings have kingpin bearings top and bottom not the bush up top

Section_16022016_1224.pdf

How many bolts in the flange ? 7 would suggest later 10 spline - metric - the early RRC where 6 bolt and iirc UNF threads, not sure which year it changed , maybe mid 80's. All the RRC swivels have taper roller king pin bearings to and bottom - make sure your steering damper is up to the job !

As for the CV bearing I think it should be a sintered tophat type bush ?

cheers

Steveb

How many bolts in the flange ? 7 would suggest later 10 spline - metric - the early RRC where 6 bolt and iirc UNF threads, not sure which year it changed , maybe mid 80's. All the RRC swivels have taper roller king pin bearings top and bottom - make sure your steering damper is up to the job !

As for the CV bearing I think it should be a sintered tophat type bush ?

cheers

Steveb

I have seen a 1993/1994 front axle off a RRC LSE with abs, that had the railco bush in the top and a tapered bearing. In the bottom. in the middle off the railco was the ABS sensor.

I am glad you found the correct part!